The Children and Youth Agenda fosters collaboration among community stakeholders and agencies to improve services in support of the healthy development of children and youth.
The Agenda was initiated as a partnership between the City of Ottawa and United Way/Centraide Ottawa.
An Ottawa community committed to seeing all children and youth reach their full potential.
To work together with families, caregivers and members of the community for the healthy development of children and youth.
The work of the Children and Youth Agenda will be guided by the following principles:
We, the community of Ottawa ...
- believe the healthy development of children and youth is a shared community responsibility;
- recognize that children, youth and their families have a unique and essential voice in the community;
- will foster and promote collaboration through open and respectful communication;
- will ensure inclusion, equity and respect for diversity;
- will base our decisions on evidence-based knowledge and practices;
- will optimize resources through sharing ideas, experience, skills, and knowledge; and
- will honour Canada's commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
For a copy of the Children and Youth Agenda brochure please see below.
|Children and Youth Agenda Brochure